Welcome to the Department of Oral and maxillofacial Surgery
TMJ ( temporo-mandibular joint) surgery and orthognathic surgery instrument, piezo-elctric surgery, electrocautery, basic surgical set
Preventive and Investigative: Diagnostic biopsy for suspected oral cancers, oral pathology (tumours/cysts)
Emergency : Facial Trauma, facial space infection.
MINOR ORAL SURGICAL PROCEDURES (UNDER LOCAL ANAESTHESIA):
- Simple extraction of teeth.
- Impaction of third molars
- Canine impaction
- Orthodontic tooth removal
- Arthrocentesis of temporomandibular joint in temporo-mandibular disorder cases.
- Prolotherapy of temporomandibular joint in temporo-mandibular disorder cases.
- Injection therapy in mild oral submucoius fibrosis.
- Splinting of fractured dento-alveolar segment.
- Intermaxillary fixation in trauma cases.
- Jaw cyst/tumor removal
- Alcohol blocks in trigeminal neuralgia cases.
- Facial space infection management
- ORIF ( open reduction and internal fixation in single fracture cases)
- Calcitonin/steroid injection in jaw related central giant cell gramuloma (CGCG)
- Biopsy of oral pathology/suspected oral carinoma
- Suturing of soft tissue trauma
- MAJOR SURGICAL PROCEDURES (Under General Anaesthesia):
- Multiple teeth extraction in medically compromised patients.
- Open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF) in Facial trauma cases:
- Simple fractures
- Complex fractures
- Communited fractures
- Panfacial fracturs
- Edentulous fractures
- Pediatric fractures
- Maxillary fractures
- Zygomatico-maxillary complex fractures
- Obital fractures
- Nasal fractures
- Gunshot injuries
- Curretage/Enucleation of jaw pathology especially: Odontogenic keratocyst (OKC), Ameloblastoma/other jaw tumors, dentigerous cyst, radicular cyst, central gaint cell granuloma, adenomatoid adontogenic cyst
- Osteomyelitis of Jaw Management
- Osteoradionecrosis and bisphosphonate-induced necrosis of jaw management
- Temporomandibular joint ankylosis: Gap arthroplasty, Interpositional arthroplasty and reconstructive arthroplasty)
- Obstructive sleep apnoes (OSA ) management: with distraction osteogenesis procedures
- Temporomandibular joint disc procedure: Disc plication, discectomy in severe Temporo-manibular disorder cases.
- Chin procedure: Advancement and reduction Genioplasty
- Orthognathis surgery: Lefort I osteotomy, Bilateral sagital split osteotomy
- Surgery for oral submucous fibrosis (OSMF): and followed by reconstruction with buccal fat pad or naso-labial flap
- Drainage of severe facial space infection: esp Ludwing’s Angina
- Fat grafting